SPRI Xertube Resistance Band Permanent Vision Loss

Tacoma, Washington 2 comments

I Elias Pintos was using the Xertube Resistance band when it came from under my feet and whipped up and hit me in the right eye.My vision turned black for about 15 minutes, had a severe headache afterwards and still have headaches.

My sight came back normally in my left eye, but my right eye there was an area that was dark. I lost some of my eyesight in that eye, went to an eye specialist and they diagnosed an Operculated Hole which is permanent, with the possibility of Retinal detachment. I contacted SPRI, who put me in touch with their Ins. Co, who just got back to me today to say that since they sell hundreds of thousands of these products they are not responsible for this injury.

I did some homework on similar products and they all have Warning labels for possible severe Head or eye injury may occur and to wear safety goggles. Their product had no safety warning at all.

I was asking for them to pay for my hospital bills and the fact that I now have to have checkups to keep track of the injury and make sure it does not get worse.I now have a hard time doing daily things because the loss makes it a little harder to balance and when it is dim light it seems to give me a worse headache.

Review about: Xertube Resistance Band Medium.

Comments

Satellite Beach, Florida, United States #818583

Common sense can go a long way..Let's put labels on dumbells, DONT drop on foot..

I too, lost the sight in my left eye do to resistance bands.I've had five surgeries total since the accident.

Mine were a different band maker, but I know how you feel.Its frustrating that they don't put on the box that you should use extreme caution and wear goggles or eye protection.